Evolution of a Blog

This blog has evolved as I have as a maker. It starts at the beginning of my journey where I began to re-tread my tires in the useful lore of micro electronics and the open-source software that can drive them. While building solutions around micro-electronics are still an occasional topic my more recent focus has been on the 3D Printing side of making.

Monday, April 9, 2018

N-Scale Drawbridge - Project in Progress

This is a project in process that needs a home.  I started thinking I would do a diorama but have neither the time nor the space.



It is loosely based on this prototype but I've taken creative liberties to make it easier to print as a 3D model. 
 not printed the second tower but obviously I would if somebody purchased the model.   I would provide the second tower is parts that would need to be assembled.

 The bridge is two tracks wide  but height is closer to scale then would  be necessary to accommodate some of the tallest rolling stock.


  My vision was that the counterweight will rise and fall with the bridge




 here you can see the attached points for cables. 


 My biggest regret is spending so much time on rivets and not making the line straight! 
 Girders are not through 
holed for Ease of printing purposes



Counter weight would rise and fall as did the prototype.


Top showing what I was thinking for lifting

Close up of what I intended for lifting
I would like to see this bridge in a layout and will give it to anyone that is actively working on a layout and that will commit to using it (and will post pictures).  In the ideal case I would like to see a donation to the MS Society for whatever amount a recipient of the bridge feels is worth while.

3 comments:

  1. I just found you blog and your drawbridge would be perfect for a dockyard layout I am building in N scale. Do you still have it or? It is amazingly detailed! Let me know and I can show you my layout design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you possibly send the file to me as i really like this design for my build im currently working on, looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He hasnt posted in approx 4 years. I dont know if he ever finished it sadly. lookds great

    ReplyDelete