Evolution of a Blog

This blog has evolved as I have as a maker. It starts at the beginning of my journey where I began to re-tread my tires in the useful lore of micro electronics and the open-source software that can drive them. While building solutions around micro-electronics are still an occasional topic my more recent focus has been on the 3D Printing side of making.

Friday, September 15, 2017

The NanoDLP Mask Wizard and the Wanhao D7

The layout and orientation of the build plate as displayed by NanoDlp versus what is actually displayed by my printers confuses me every time I look at it.  It may not be confusing for most people ... but I confess that it is to me!  This has been particularly true when it comes to the NanoDlp Mask Generation Wizard.

By default NanoDlp presents a 10 by 5 cell matrix for entry of a mask.

When translated to the Wanhao D7 this is what we see.
When the entries are reversed for a 5 by 10 cell matrix...

...we get the result we need.  It is also important to note that entry of data to NanoDlp, if doing so in the normal mode of top left to bottom right, means doing your UV readings from the bottom right corner and then up on the D7.

2 comments:

  1. I am trying to make a physical mask but have not received my wanahao printer yet so can't measure anything.

    I have made the mask 68mm x 120mm and have 50 cutouts 7.5mm x 7.5mm equi-spaced.

    Before I go ahead and route this out, can you confirm that my dimensions are correct ??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check the dimensions of my STLs? Also note the change that I made to the way the grid is secured to allow adjustability. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2519936

      Delete