Evolution of a Blog

This blog has evolved as I have as a maker. It starts at the beginning of my journey where I began to re-tread my tires in the useful lore of micro electronics and the open-source software that can drive them. While building solutions around micro-electronics are still an occasional topic my more recent focus has been on the 3D Printing side of making.

Monday, September 5, 2016

Need a Custom Designed, 3D Printed, Model for your N-Scale Layout?

If you live in the UK and are actively building or upgrading an N-Scale model railroad layout, AND, you are interested in having some custom designed, 3D Printed, structures for that layout, please reach out to me either here or on Facebook.

My rates are very reasonable...just your time integrating my work into your layout and providing me feedback on the designs along with some photos of the finished product (and ideally the work in progress).  I am retired and do 3D design and printing for kicks but since I do not have the space for a layout of my own I am hoping to see my work on your layout...and I like getting ideas and seeing if I can turn the idea into a model.  My idea project idea would be for an animated structure but any other creative thoughts for things not readily available will be considered!

Below are images of some of the work that I have done.   All of these designs are in the public domain on Thingiverse for folks that have their own 3D Printer:

Parts of a Bascule Style Drawbridge

Design Rendering
Instructables for the Bascule Style Drawbridge: One, Two, Three, and Four

A Truss Railroad Bridge

Plate and Girder Railroad Bridge

Windmill


Bailey Bridge (1:100 Scale)

Field Wagon (1:100 Scale)

No comments:

Post a Comment