Evolution of a Blog

This blog has evolved as I have as a maker. It starts at the beginning of my journey where I began to re-tread my tires in the useful lore of micro electronics and the open-source software that can drive them. While building solutions around micro-electronics are still an occasional topic my more recent focus has been on the 3D Printing side of making.

Friday, April 22, 2016

Another 3D Printed Diorama

I wanted an "in-situ" scene for pictures of painted AFVs and had used a city scape diorama...
 ...and one based around my Bailey Bridge model...
...but they both relied on backdrop photographs and I wanted something stand alone.  Not to mention that a T-34 is not really going to be seen crossing many Bailey Bridges?

In any case I came up with the below which does what I ask of it but still needs a lot of help with the road!

The Diorama
View from Spot Hiding Across the Fence
Ariel View
This is, of course, a couple of 3D Prints.   The surface and the cliff are two prints that could have been done as one had I been thinking.  The trees are prints, as is the fence.  Finally, obviously, the tank is a print.

Yes, the road is a mess and needs a redo!  I am rather pleased with the cliff though.

No comments:

Post a Comment