Evolution of a Blog

This blog has evolved as I have as a maker. It starts at the beginning of my journey where I began to re-tread my tires in the useful lore of micro electronics and the open-source software that can drive them. While building solutions around micro-electronics are still an occasional topic my more recent focus has been on the 3D Printing side of making.

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Yet Another Look at Resolution

Printer did not want to play nice for this demo, at least at first. Only printed the tops of vehicles to save time. Resolutions are, from left to right, 150, 100, 80, 60, and 40 microns. Print times from 30 minutes to an hour and sixteen. Note on printing at very high resolution...I found that you need to use high infill and a lot of solid layers on top to avoid holes.  I know that I could probably due some tuning on bridging to alleviate this but the multiple layers also help the finish appearance.




No comments:

Post a Comment