Evolution of a Blog

This blog has evolved as I have as a maker. It starts at the beginning of my journey where I began to re-tread my tires in the useful lore of micro electronics and the open-source software that can drive them. While building solutions around micro-electronics are still an occasional topic my more recent focus has been on the 3D Printing side of making.

Sunday, January 24, 2016

T-34 and Panther in Diorama Shots

I printed a Panther G and a T-34 85 at a pretty high resolution and then had them painted by David at Prepared for War.  This was before I decided that I needed to be able to paint my own tanks but I still refer back to his work for ideas and guidance.

The first set of images are taken with the urban diorama that I am currently trying to finish.  It will feature a Tiger II with open hatches getting a resupply.  The diorama is intended to illustrate the impact that a 3D Printer can have on modeling and as such I have thrown a lot of plastic at it from my collection of bling that I sell on eBay!  More on this diorama later.




The remaining two photos are of the T-34 on the diorama that I built to show off my Bailey Bridge.  Since I do not think that Lend Lease provided the Soviets with any Bailey Bridges the accuracy of showing a T-34 on one is clearly questionable!  In thinking about it, however, it could have been a bridge in part of the allied captured area of Germany that was ceded to Soviet control?

No comments:

Post a Comment