Evolution of a Blog

This blog has evolved as I have as a maker. It starts at the beginning of my journey where I began to re-tread my tires in the useful lore of micro electronics and the open-source software that can drive them. While building solutions around micro-electronics are still an occasional topic my more recent focus has been on the 3D Printing side of making.

Friday, January 22, 2016

Painting Tanks - Side by Side - Ready to Start Painting

Assembling the Tiger II was a lot more work than I anticipated!  Not the kit's fault that I lost a couple of the tiny little fiddly bits and had to design and print replacements (hatch on top of turret and the exhaust stacks).  Also the fact that I am a pretty inexperienced model builder and it shows in some of the assembly!

The kit gets some credit though as some of the parts are really fiddly and while they all ended up fitting logically the instructions were not great (not really instruction just a page illustration) and some of the parts required a lot of cleanup and twiddling.


I do love the feel of the Battlefront tank though.  It is heavy.  Just like a tank should be!  Not sure I would want to carry a case of them around though!

 Side by Side Notes
3D Print 
Battlefront

Assembly
None required
Took some time. 
Heft
Stay tuned as in the not so distant future there may be an easy way to add some mass to 3D Printed tanks.
I know that I already mentioned this but I do like the heft of the Battlefront tank!
Proportions
One of these tanks is not...
...scaled right!

Next Post in Series: Primed, Base Coated, and Ready for Camo

Previous Posts in the Painting Tanks thread:

Side by Side - 3D Print vs Battlefront Model
First Blood

No comments:

Post a Comment