Evolution of a Blog

This blog has evolved as I have as a maker. It starts at the beginning of my journey where I began to re-tread my tires in the useful lore of micro electronics and the open-source software that can drive them. While building solutions around micro-electronics are still an occasional topic my more recent focus has been on the 3D Printing side of making.

Monday, January 25, 2016

Another 3D Printed Kit - German Field Wagon

Somehow I got distracted from finishing my urban diorama so that I could do a German Field Wagon.  Have actually done two different models at this point with the first one being loosely patterned after some wagons that I found on the web and the second being a much closer to reality model.

Here are a couple examples of field wagons from searching the web.  Interestingly some of the first images that are returned are those from one of the other kits out there.


With those pictures as inspiration I simplified things a little and came up with version 1.  Here it is on the cutting matt and also on the urban diorama.  I like it but thought that I could be a little more accurate from a modeling perspective so came up with a new version shown below.

I know, the paint still needs work!  The model however, IMHO, looks pretty tight.  I believe that it is pretty close to the right dimensions though  some allowances were still made for the small scale.  I have some horses on order and will update this post and the wagon once I have them in hand.





No comments:

Post a Comment