Evolution of a Blog

This blog has evolved as I have as a maker. It starts at the beginning of my journey where I began to re-tread my tires in the useful lore of micro electronics and the open-source software that can drive them. While building solutions around micro-electronics are still an occasional topic my more recent focus has been on the 3D Printing side of making.

Saturday, October 24, 2015

3D Printed Tank Related Bling (Flames of War) for Sale!

What started as a way to experiment with my new 0.25mm nozzles ended with having a selection of Flames of War bling for sale.   Note that there is now a minimum order of 20 quid for this bling due to the effort involved with small orders.  All proceeds benefit the MS Society. (except for the Bailey Bridge which will be at 50% until it renews).

The first of these eBay sales allows you to select a custom assortment of bling that will be printed to order:


These are not very profitable items to sell as they take a while to print and the price point competition seems to be for injection molded plastic...with which a 3D Printer can not compete.  That said I would like to see someone put some of the bling to work (and maybe share some pictures)!

Comments on Pricing

When I first listed these things I offered free shipping thinking that an order for just one item would be rare.   That turned out to not be the case as there have been a lot of single item orders.  Since I practically have to pay to sell these things by the ones I tried adding postage but offering a rebate in terms of good for orders of two or more items.   Well two of two buyers either did not understand the offer or did not want to take advantage of it.   Given that one of these buyers was for a single item I do still feel vindicated in taking some kind of action.  What I have decided to do, however, is simply increase all prices by a little to cover shipping but offer these items with "free shipping".  Trust me when I say that I am glad this is a hobby not a business!  Besides, half of anything sold goes to the MS Society, a charity for a disease that is close to me.

Shipment Costs
< 5 GBP> 5 < 15 GBP> 15 GBP
United KingdomFreeFreeFree
Europe1.50.5Free
North America2.51.5Free
Australia/New Zealand2.51.5Free
South America2.51.5Free
Africa2.51.5Free
Asia2.51.5Free

No comments:

Post a Comment