Evolution of a Blog

This blog has evolved as I have as a maker. It starts at the beginning of my journey where I began to re-tread my tires in the useful lore of micro electronics and the open-source software that can drive them. While building solutions around micro-electronics are still an occasional topic my more recent focus has been on the 3D Printing side of making.

Friday, September 18, 2015

Some Progress on 3D Scanner

Having printed most of the parts for the scanner it was time to start assembling a breadboard version of the electronics.   My intention is to do a custom PCB that will mount as a daughter board onto the Raspberry Pi but a working breadboard comes first!
Unfortunately...it is not working!  The stepper motor runs but the lasers are not firing.  Here is the stepper motor doing its thing at the command of the RPi:
I finally assembled a cut down version of the circuit so that I could more easily work with just the problem bits, and even more importantly, so I could get some help from the SoliForum.

I had been told that the laser does not get connected to ground at least once before I finally decided to listen!   In any case it now works.

No comments:

Post a Comment