Evolution of a Blog

This blog has evolved as I have as a maker. It starts at the beginning of my journey where I began to re-tread my tires in the useful lore of micro electronics and the open-source software that can drive them. While building solutions around micro-electronics are still an occasional topic my more recent focus has been on the 3D Printing side of making.

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

One Last Tank Post (Honest)


I had to do a reprint of one of the tank models using the 0.25mm nozzle with a layer height of 0.08mm.   This is approaching, but not quite at, the best quality that my Ultimaker 2 can produce.

I could have printed this model with a layer height of 0.06 and, while I do not have one, there is a 0.15mm nozzle for even finer tiny details.  I printed at 25mm/sec so I could also have slowed down some.  However...this print already was going to take over eight hours so I left it at pretty darn good ...

... EXCEPT ... for the quality issue that I have that left some gaps on the top fill.   I can easily tune this out but it was too late for this print!  Frustrating!










Just to be Clear on Size!


Other posts in the "tank" series: 

Second Order was for a Tank!
Tanks, Tanks, and More Tanks!
Some More Tanks
Removing Support from a Tank Print
Tired of Tanks Yet?
Visual impact of Resolution (Layer Height) and Speed

No comments:

Post a Comment