Evolution of a Blog

This blog has evolved as I have as a maker. It starts at the beginning of my journey where I began to re-tread my tires in the useful lore of micro electronics and the open-source software that can drive them. While building solutions around micro-electronics are still an occasional topic my more recent focus has been on the 3D Printing side of making.

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Directed Fan Duct on the Wanhao Duplicator 4S

I had talked about the uber-cool fan duct that I am using on the Duplicator 4S some time ago but I thought I would share a couple more pictures of some print exaples.

Both Ships - Fan'ed on Right
These were both printed from ABS with a layer height to 0.2mm.

The differences are largely subtle but very much there.  Note the details at the top of the port holes in the bow and the top of the hatch to the cabin.

Note also the scortched plastic on the un-fanned ship in the photo to the right.  I am not sure how this would have gotten scortched as I print ABS at 210 degrees but it did and not on the fan running example.


No Fan Ship

Fan Ship

No comments:

Post a Comment