- Be able to print ABS as well as PLA. The Prusa I3 can print both but the 12V build platform, combined with it being an open printer, makes it problematic.
- Be enclosed. Making it both quieter and better able to deal with ABS.
- Be quieter. See above!
- Be capable of easily printing .1mm resolution. The Prusa I3 can do this but it takes care and feeding.
- Be more dependable. The Prusa I3 has been reasonably dependable but it seems there is always something that I am doing to it or that it is doing to me!
- Have two extruders. At first so I can print ABS and PLA without switching reels but ultimately so I can print with dissolvable supports.
- Include more ease of use features. Such as the two extruders but also including a more easily adjustable build platform and easy loading extruders.
- Large build platform. Large enough to print any of the cases that I have designed.
In my next post I will talk about the printers that I am considering.