Evolution of a Blog

This blog has evolved as I have as a maker. It starts at the beginning of my journey where I began to re-tread my tires in the useful lore of micro electronics and the open-source software that can drive them. While building solutions around micro-electronics are still an occasional topic my more recent focus has been on the 3D Printing side of making.

Sunday, May 4, 2014

Still Working on Print Quality / Speed


Here is a photo of two calibration prints and screen shots of the Slic3r settings for speed that I used for the tests.

The test case on the left takes almost 70% longer to print than the one on the right but the quality is obviously a lot higher.

I have tried a lot of individual changes to the speed of printing but it seems that the whole thing needs to be SLOW to get the quality that I would like to achieve.


The question is...what mechanical issues are greatest contributors to the reduction of quality as speed increase?
Finally printing with some really good quality...and...SMOKE!

No comments:

Post a Comment