Evolution of a Blog

This blog has evolved as I have as a maker. It starts at the beginning of my journey where I began to re-tread my tires in the useful lore of micro electronics and the open-source software that can drive them. While building solutions around micro-electronics are still an occasional topic my more recent focus has been on the 3D Printing side of making.

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Node.Js, Socket.IO, Physical Interface, Screen Recording

Here is a screen capture of the demo application that I have been, and will be, discussing.  It's a simple example but demonstrates a fair amount of functionality behind the scenes.
  • The "ADC Test Session" demonstrates the app reading voltage levels from an ADC via I2c and displaying a graph of both the realtime data and of a high water mark achieved over a second. 
  • The "Joystick Test Session" demonstrates the app reading voltages from a joystick via the same ADC as above and detecting a button push via a GPIO.
Some of the things that I will be discussing include the following:
  1. Node.Js Async Processing Example
  2. Node.Js Web Page Processing (Using 'html' Library)
  3. Using Socket.IO to animate a client side graph
  4. Integrating a Realtime Clock and an ADC via I2c
  5. Integrating a Joystick via I2c with a GPIO detected button
Sample code for my demo application can be found on GitHub.

No comments:

Post a Comment