Evolution of a Blog

This blog has evolved as I have as a maker. It starts at the beginning of my journey where I began to re-tread my tires in the useful lore of micro electronics and the open-source software that can drive them. While building solutions around micro-electronics are still an occasional topic my more recent focus has been on the 3D Printing side of making.

Monday, April 8, 2013

RPi as a Remote Control for a Canon DSLR - Part 4

I have made some progress with libgphoto2 driving my DSLR without going belly up.  I have modified CritterCam such that the DSLR does both the preview and the motion activated shots and it has been stable for the past ten minutes (previously it would only run for less than a minute before going boom).

Here are the changes that I made:

smsc95xx.turbo_mode=N in /boot/cmdline.txt
dwc_otg.microframe_schedule=1 in /boot/cmdline.txt
vm.min_free_kbytes=16384 in /etc/sysctl.conf
reboot

These are courtesy of the Raspberry Pi Forum and user elatllat.  This forum rocks in terms of helpful and responsive feedback.

I do still have a bit of an issue with the method that I am using for motion detection but I am hoping it is because of the conditions within which I am currently testing (indoors without a lot of light).

There is an update to the above based on some experimentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment