Evolution of a Blog

This blog has evolved as I have as a maker. It starts at the beginning of my journey where I began to re-tread my tires in the useful lore of micro electronics and the open-source software that can drive them. While building solutions around micro-electronics are still an occasional topic my more recent focus has been on the 3D Printing side of making.

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Raspberry Pi Inventory

Somehow I have ended up with no less than four Raspberry Pi's.   I started with the one that I wanted to build the 'Bot around.   Then I decided that I needed one for development that I could mess with and not have to dismantle the 'Bot.   Since then I used one to save me having to drill a hole in the wall of our new house to run another TV antenna lead.

Then I fried the one that I had designated as my development platform (unfortunately it was one that does not appear to have a polyfuse on the USB circuit.  The CPU is ok as the device boots, displaying status to the monitor, but never makes a network connection nor can it talk to a keyboard :-(.

So I, obviously, had to buy a fourth RPi to serve as my development platform.  It arrived non functional so I ordered another one and in the meantime returned the non-functional unit for a refund.   Got a replacement instead and just decided to keep it.  Sad but true, I now have five of the little things working and one fried.  Cheap for the entertainment value provided!

Inventory

RPi Current Use
1. Model B 256mb Fried.
2. Model B 512mb 'Bot - was running Wheezy now being ported to Arch
3. Model B 512mb TvHeadend - Serving TV to media clients (office and tablet).   Also host for ntop - running Wheezy
4. Model B 512mb Development - Miscellaneous uses
5. Model B 512mb Development - Currently being built as a CritterCam - running Wheezy.

No comments:

Post a Comment