Evolution of a Blog

This blog has evolved as I have as a maker. It starts at the beginning of my journey where I began to re-tread my tires in the useful lore of micro electronics and the open-source software that can drive them. While building solutions around micro-electronics are still an occasional topic my more recent focus has been on the 3D Printing side of making.

Friday, October 26, 2012

Time for some Python

I have chosen to use Python as the development language for my 'bot.   One reason being that it seems to be the 'standard' higher level language for the Raspberry Pi and is a default on the Wheezy distribution of the O/S.   A second is that it is a cool language!  I grew up with interpreted languages and really like being able to prototype code at the command line.   More importantly it is also a good OO platform and has a large eco-system of extensions.  

In any case...I am using it and liking it as well.   One thing that I do find a little bizarro is the spacing sensitive syntax.   Instead of relying on something like "{" to group code Python relies on levels of indent.   Makes sense and also enforces neat code but is still strange!

From this point in the blog posts will start to mix between the hardware, which has consumed me to date, and the software that will be driving it.

Learning Python By Lutz, Mark (Google Affiliate Ad)

No comments:

Post a Comment