Evolution of a Blog

This blog has evolved as I have as a maker. It starts at the beginning of my journey where I began to re-tread my tires in the useful lore of micro electronics and the open-source software that can drive them. While building solutions around micro-electronics are still an occasional topic my more recent focus has been on the 3D Printing side of making.

Friday, September 21, 2012

Wireless for the Raspberry Pi

Obviously my robot needs a wireless connection so I went to the Raspberry Pi Hardware Compatibility list to look for a small, cheap, compatible, wireless dongle.  I decided on the Belkin N150 and have been happy with it.   The RPi detects it on boot so all I needed to do was setup the network.

Edit the network interfaces file /etc/network/interfaces.   The file should look like the below once you have added the wlan0 interface for the Belkin N150 (highlighted):

    auto lo
    auto wlan0
    iface lo inet loopback
    iface eth0 inet dhcp

    iface wlan0 inet dhcp
    wpa-ssid YourNetworkSSID
    wpa-psk YourPassword



No comments:

Post a Comment