Evolution of a Blog

This blog has evolved as I have as a maker. It starts at the beginning of my journey where I began to re-tread my tires in the useful lore of micro electronics and the open-source software that can drive them. While building solutions around micro-electronics are still an occasional topic my more recent focus has been on the 3D Printing side of making.

Thursday, August 16, 2012

The Platform - Rover 5

I found the Rover 5 as an economical platform to carry my chosen collection of electronics.  It can support two or four motors (not sure why you would need four), has two encoders for speed and distance measurement, and comes with a battery pack for six AA batteries.   As I unpacked it I found it to be a pretty sturdy little piece of kit. 



It is designed to be integrated with the Explorer PCB but someone handier than I could easily build their own motor controller and other kit on top of the basic chassis.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment